Tuesday, July 3, 2012

RIP - Andy Griffith



The Andy Griffith Show is still one of my many favorites to watch. I don't care how many times I might have seen an episode, I still will put the remote down and watch it. The best episodes (by far) were the black and white episodes. Andy once said in an interview that he did not mind playing the straight man to Don Knotts' Barney Fife. The two of them were magic - Barney would go wayyyyy out on a limb and Andy would be there to catch him and save his spirit - no matter how silly Barn would handle things.

Good television now is pretty hit and miss, there are some good shows out there but there will NEVER be another Andy Taylor. Yes, he has played other characters (another favorite was Ben Matlock), but to me, I will always remember him as that dark haired, easy going sheriff from Mayberry.

RIP Andy Griffith, you have given us a lot of great memories!

No comments: