Monday, July 2, 2012

Oh My ... Christian Grey

Can you believe it? I jumped on the 50 Shades of Grey bandwagon. I have to admit that I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the trilogy.

When I first approached it, I thought ok, these housewives are all up in arms over this story and it probably isn't hot. Well - grab your hose and pull because IT IS HOT!

If you are not into erotica or think "OMG why would anyone want to read that" these are not the books for you. I have a friend who said that she had a church friend who said that the book should be banned because of the subject matter. Well excuse me, how do you know it should be banned? You had to read some of it. I mean live and let live.

Whatever floats your boat ... I am not into most of the things that Christian and Anastasia were doing, but they were doing it with each other and they were consenting adults. So what?

The things that people do behind closed doors is their business and who is to judge what goes on between two people who care about one another.

Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox now - back to the books.

Was there a lot of sex? Heck yeh, there was PLENTY of sex. Were there some moments that would just make your jaw drop? Yep, PLENTY of those. Aside from the sex, aside from the overused phrases, and a number of other things that drives writers and editors crazy - it is a good read because there is a story going on that explains the secretive and sexy Christian Grey to the reader and to Anastasia.

The first book, you really think - this guy is nuts, but by the end of 50 Shades of Grey, he has grown on you. You cannot help but wonder what makes him tick and the pages continue to turn until you finally find out.

No comments: