Monday, November 2, 2009

This Is It!

I saw the documentary this past weekend, and I cannot wait until it comes out on DVD.

I am sure a lot of people were surprised at how much of a perfectionist Michael was, but I was not. He was involved in every aspect of his shows. He worked with the musical director, the lighting, everyone. He had a vision of what he wanted the audience to experience and put it into effect.

The audiences that were going to see the show, were in for an awesome show. Smooth Criminal had him in (by the magic of Hollywood) the movie Gilda with Rita Hayworth and Humphrey Bogart. Thriller was just as spectacular with obviously deleted voiceover work done by Vincent Price incorporated into the act. He even brought out the cherry picker to take him out over the audience as he did in previous concerts.

It was his last gift to us, and boy what a gift. Michael surely had his problems, I am not disputing that fact. The claims that the man was frail and weak - watch the movie and what I saw was neither weak nor frail. It was a showman doing what he loved and even in rehearsal - he was giving all he had, even when he was trying not to.

No comments: