Saturday, July 4, 2009

Remember the Time ...

I was talking to my ex-roommate from Los Angeles the other night. We were talking about how we would be playing hooky and hanging out regarding everything Michael.

We lived in the San Fernando Valley; her office was in Encino on Ventura Blvd right down from the Jackson compound (which was how I found his house when I first moved there). We would have been about 15-20 minutes from the UCLA Medical Center; she said, you know we would have been there last Thursday. I told her, "uh yeh."

The memorial service is going to be interesting. On paper, it seems like it will be orderly. It is going to be interesting to see how the execution takes place. Blocking off the area around the Staples Center? Hmmmmm, now that is going to be a job.

Yes, I would be signing up to try and get a ticket. The sad part of the whole thing is, there will be scalpers of tickets. It is amazing how people will take even ane vent like this to tr and make a dollar. I wish the police had the manpower to scan ebay and other place like that and catch those ignorant fools that try to do it.

When it is all over, I will be able to move on but with coverage ... it is still just so surreal. You see these clips and see the last dress rehearsal - it was like the old Michael moving around. And, two days later, he's gone.

We just never know when it is our time to go. Michael has traveled down the road that we all must travel. I tell you, the lives that he touched (across all racial lines, age lines, countries). He was a humanitarian, and from everything you can see he was a good father.

When you look back on your life - what would people say about you? I know we wouldn't have to have our homegoing services at a venue like the Staples Center, but what could be said about you and the things you have done? Did you do everything to you could to help someone along the way?

No comments: