Monday, April 20, 2009

A True Friend

A true friend tells you the truth even if you don't want to hear it. Why? Because they are you friend and will not sugar coat something for you.

You might get upset, but isn't it better coming from someone you love than a complete stranger that doesn't give a crap about you?

The occurrence that prompted this blog, I saw the photo of someone and it is not a very flattering photo. If this person was a friend, I would have said something to them about their attire. There is no way in the world I would let someone I care about go out looking like anything.

Before we go out James will ask, "how do I look?" That is not really needed but I appreciate it, because if it didn't look good I would say.

My point is, just because they make an outfit in your size, doesn't mean it looks good on you. I know I cannot wear everything that I like but I try to find what is flattering to my height and shape. I try to showcase my attributes and hide my flaws. My mother is the reason that I am the way that I am because she will surely say, "nope, doesn't look good. Even when I think I am looking fly."

I said all of this to say: if you have a friend that has on something that you don't think is flattering - say something, it is truly better coming from you besides people will just talk about them.

If you are truly a friend, they know it and will appreciate it. Again, they might be upset but better than to have everyone looking at them and saying "how could her friend let her think she looked good?"

So, if you are my friend, know that I will let you know, not because I want to embarass you but because I care. I hope you would do the same for me in return.