Friday, November 14, 2008

James Has Manilow on iPod

CLEVELAND – Get this: LeBron listens to Barry Manilow. Or Brian Manilow.

A big fan of all styles of music, Cleveland's superstar always gets ready for games by listening to hip hop. On Thursday before facing the Denver Nuggets, James walked into the Cavaliers' locker room wearing headphones and bouncing as a track by rap star, Jay-Z, one of his good friends, blared in his ears.

James said Jay-Z is almost always his choice before taking the floor, but he has diverse musical taste and enjoys R&B and alternative rock. He was asked if he ever listens to sports talk radio on his way home after a game.

"Never," he said. "Ever."

James was then informed that Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony, his longtime friend and U.S. Olympic teammate, admitted last year that he had Barry Manilow's music on his iPod.

"I probably got a little of that," James said. "I bet you I can find it on my iPod."

"I bet you couldn't," a reporter said, challenging James, who then reached into a bag holding his personal player.

"Let's see," James said, scrolling through the menu. "Go ahead, ask a question. I'm going to look for it."

A few moments later, no luck.

"Nope," James said. "No Brian Manilow."

As the room broke up in laughter, James corrected his error.

"Oh, Barry Manilow," he said, smiling. "I was talking about his cousin."

James then continued his search, and sure enough, he came up with some Barry Manilow tunes, showing "Copacabana," "Mandy" and "I Am Your Child" on his varied playlist.

"I got everything," he said. "I got all music. I'm just going to listen to Jay-Z for right now."

No comments: