Saturday, June 13, 2015

Khyrstin (Kyssi) Andrews
October 2008 - June 7, 2015


Today, this sweet angel was laid to rest. Watching the services celebrating her life, I was not surprised at the outpouring of love for this little girl, I believe I was amazed at how such a small individual – this little person who was only on this Earth for 6 short years impacted so many people.

One of the gentlemen that spoke summed it up by saying that Kyssi was WORLDWIDE.

She was – she has more than 300,000 followers on her Facebook page. There were thousands on the live stream of her services. All of this for this little person that had us mesmerized with her tenacity and strength. When you look at any of her pictures, she has this huge smile. So much she had to endure in her short years here on Earth but she did it with that smile.

Her mother, who is her biggest cheerleader, has been there by her side through it all. She watched that baby and she shared her baby with all of us. She let everyone who wanted to attend the service to be there PLUS she ensured those of us that could not be there in person could still be a part of the day as we have a part of Kyssi’s life for so long.

I remember the first time I saw Kyssi picture, I said “she is a cutie” and clicked her picture. I read about her and was touched by her strength. Her mom kept us updated with her tests and scans – still that smile lit up the screen when you scroll down the newsfeed.

When I logged on last week and saw the post from Mommy saying that Kyssi had gained her wings, my heart broke. Over the past few days, I would go to her page and read just as I always did. Here is this little girl that I never met, I felt like I knew her and reading others’ comments – I was not alone.

I truly believe everything happens for a reason. We are all put here for something – to do something. For some, it takes longer than others. For little Kyssi, she packed so much in the six years that she was here. She touched so many people in such a short time – God knew that she was tired, and her work was done. Now, she can watch over those that watched over her. She is in no more pain, and she does not have to worry about a thing.

No comments: