Friday, April 23, 2010

Fences


Synopsis: Troy Maxson is a Pittsburgh sanitation worker who once dreamed of a baseball career, but was too old when the major leagues finally admitted black players. As he faces off against the racial barrier at work and his own disappointments, Troy also grapples with his son, Cory, over the teenager’s hope for a football scholarship and with his wife, Rose, who confronts Troy over a child he has fathered with another woman.

The story sounds good, and I really did not know what it was about when I first heard about it. I just knew I had to go because of two words - DENZEL WASHINGTON. I missed he when played Broadway a few years back in Julius Caesar. I was not going to miss this one.

Anyone that has known me for a little while (it usually does not take long) knows how much of a Denzel fan I am. I started liking him during his television career and followed him since the 80s. He is a wonderful actor, and not bad on the eye either.

I am looking forward to the show, seeing him in the flesh (not on a television or movie screen). It will be the culmination of a stressful two months. I had to finish up my thesis, which I did. It was hard work and a lot of computer time - but I am glad to have it behind me.

The next classroom I sit in will be for cake decorating, floral arranging or something very, very light. Seriously, my next project will be picking up my manuascript and seriously working on it again. I plan to get it published, even if I have to self publish. I will get my work out there; I guarantee it.

No comments: