Monday, December 1, 2008

Star Wars





The Star Wars saga was on television this weekend.

I have been watching these since they started back in the 70s. I have to admit Darth Vader scared the shit out of me as a kid. And, I had a HUGE crush on Harrison Ford. I wept when he was frozen in carbonite in Empire Strikes Back.

The story was wonderful, and it is amazing the things that people can imagine and put on paper and on screen. I have seen the documentary on George Lucas which tells how the story came about (the ups and downs).

The six episodes told one story (a long one) but there were no loose ends left. The funniest part were the first movies were actually the second trilogy. Star Wars is actually episode 4, Empire Strikes Back (episode 5) and Return of the Jedi (episode 6).

The most recent episodes with Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman actually told the story that took place before Luke and Leia came onto the scene. It explained why Anakin became Darth Vader, and why Yoda was way out in the middle of nowhere.

Can you tell I loved the story?

If you never watched the movie, this blog makes no sense to you. But, if you did, you totally understand what I'm saying. I really wish George Lucas would do his last trilogy, which has been said to take place involving the offspring of Luke and Leia. I would love to see how it all ends.

No comments: