Monday, November 24, 2008

Time Out for a PSA

You know the more time I spend on this Earth, I continue to be puzzled by people and their actions. There is always someone who thinks their brain is superior than the next person, and what they are doing has never been done.

It sounds absurd right?

Well it happens.

Does it make sense?

Never.

I am the type of person that watches and analyzes things. The closer you are to what is going on, the less of the big picture you see. It is when you step back and just observe do you really see everything that is going on. I take that approach often, I am not the type of person to just jump into things - I have to think about it, what are the pros and cons. Will it benefit me? Is it just down right stupid?

By not always being the one to jump in, people tend to think that you are slow on the uptake or passive. Trust me....I am neither. Just because I do not always say something does not mean that I do not know what is going on. There are times that I sit and wonder, like why did he/she do that? What were they thinking? Would I be so "out there" that I'd make a similiar decision? Sometimes the thought is just "Are they really that blind?"

I know it is hard to sit back and not say something sometimes but it is really beneficial. That big picture example is there again. It can help you make sure you don't make the same mistakes, it can be very funny, or lastly, it can give you subject matter for your blog.

The hardest part for me is being quiet when someone thinks they have outsmarted me .... or did something that I didn't catch. Again, just because I didn't say something does not mean I didn't notice what was going on.

God gave us two ears and one mouth; we should listen twice as much as we speak. Shut up sometimes and just watch, people often tell you a lot of things by what they do - not always what they say. It would be a better use of time to change any negative energy to positive, and project it to something worthwhile like taking care of your children, saving the planet, just getting a life or just getting a grip.

No comments: