Tuesday, October 21, 2008

When Is A Lie Ok?

Growing up, we were told not to lie.

It is true. For every lie you tell, you have to tell another one to cover it up. You need a good memory because you need to remember all of those lies you’ve told. It all becomes such a vicious cycle, and it could really drive you crazy trying to keep up with it all.

But, when is it okay to lie? To save yourself? To save someone else? To protect your privacy?

There are people that just come up with things to make themselves seem like they are better, or they have more, or just because their lips are moving. That is just wrong.

Any star today must protect his or her privacy. The paparazzi are not the only ones after them. Some of the dangerous ones, are the ones that claim to love them the most. So, what do they have to resort to?

No, I’m married to my career.

I have no time for anyone else.

I don’t know if they want me or the superstar?


Why wouldn’t they tell a little lie every now and then to keep everyone off their trail? Would it really be so bad, if it allowed them to have some room to enjoy spending time with a special person?

I think it is just fine, and there is a certain person who I truly hope is doing just that.

No comments: