Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To Take or Not To Take


A friend and I were chatting the other night about a few of our fellow fan clubbers that visit sites and "borrow" pictures. Well, you know there is nothing wrong with that...what I have a problem with is when the photos are posted as their own without giving credit to the person the photos were snatched, borrowed, whatever you want to call it.

Manilow is a trademark and they are not anyone's photoes even if they slap their own copyright on there. I noticed that a while back which is why the photos I post are those I found on the internet. I have taken quite a few photos, many very good, during my visits to see B, but I will not post them online anymore to have them snatched and appear on someone else's page as if they took it. Even when I share photos from shows, I don't send all of the ones I have taken because who knows where they end up.

Petty? Maybe but it's just the way I feel. If you save someone's photos, there is nothing wrong with that. We have all done that for our personal collection. What I find wrong is when you post it, like you took it - sometimes you don't even take the person's name off of it. For example, I have seen some from Scooter floating around with her name still on them.

No comments: