Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Music is the Soundtrack of Our Lives

Today, we were discussing music - old and new. It is amazing the thoughts conjured up when you hear a song, albeit good or bad.

What song played when you had your first kiss?
What song played when you got married?
What song played when you heard good/bad news?


I have a lot of songs associated with all kinds of memories. I used to spend a lot of time on the road going one place or another. An example of the soundtrack of my travels between LA and San Diego was Prince’s Sign of the Times. Awesome travel music. Anytime I hear Play in the Sunshine or Never Take the Place - I am transported to riding down the 405.

Being lucky enough to see a few Manilow shows, when I hear different songs, I am transported to that venue and I can see it, and feel it as well.

It is funny when someone walks into my office and hears a song (other than Barry) playing on my MP3 player. They look in shock. I don’t know why…Manilow is a part of my life, but not my life. I listen to other artists, and enjoy other artists as well.

The soundtrack of my life includes Michael Jackson, Temptations, Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, Kenny G, Dave Koz, Prince, Chris Botti, Luther Vandross and many others.

I love music and it gets me through a lot of tough times, it gets me re-energized when I am taking my walk, it helps me concentrate when I am trying to work on a project at work.

Think about that soundtrack of your life. Isn’t it nice to reminisce?

No comments: