Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Surprise!


You wouldn't believe where I've been, the cities and towns I been in, from Boston to Denver and every town in between.

The people they all look the same, only the names have been changed.


Think of how many faces he sees, over the course of a week, month, year, number of years. It is overwhelming isn’t it? To our family, friends, associates - of course we are remembered. Why would Barry remember me? And if he does, would it be a good memory? Hopefully, but if he saw me and said “You again?” Oh my God, I would just have to be scraped off the floor from sheer embarrassment.

I am sure there are people he remembers, either because of a funny conversation they had, or something they possibly wore that was totally different or outrageous. Then, there are those he remembers for less than flattering reasons - whatever they are.

In thinking about it, I just don’t know if I would really want to take that chance. I love Barry’s music and his performances but my adoration stops there. I do not want to jump his bones, or be his friend, I do not need to have him ever say my name again. Would it be nice, sure of course it would. But, I live in the real world and I know that no matter how much one may wish for those things, Barry’s world is a small encapsulated space that no one can venture unless he lets them in.

So, just for a little perspective - single state lotteries usually have odds of about 18 million to 1 while multiple state lotteries have odds as high as 120 million to 1. Chances of being Barry's friend is higher than that.

Guess I will go out and buy a lottery ticket. I suggest that to quite a few others do the same.

No comments: