Sunday, August 10, 2008

Life's Mysteries


You know this whole life thing is a mystery.

When we were children, our parents encouraged us to ask the question why? Then, they got tired of us asking that question. It usually ended with them saying something really philosophical like “because I am your mother/father and I said so - that’s why.”

I have some “why” questions of my own:

Why is this one guy I work with so chauvinistic when he was carried for 9 months by a woman?

Why does my mother need something at the climatic moment of the movie or television show I am watching?

Why is this blog popular?


I don’t think my topics are really of interest to anyone that doesn’t know me. However, I have a number of hits every day (sometimes several times a day from the same people) and not just from my friends, so I guess I will keep writing. Maybe I do have something to say after all. But trust me, I only post one blog a day (and not every day) unless something major happens in the news or in Barryland.

I do thank you for visiting my little place on the web. I REALLY wish I knew who you are, but I guess this little exchange will be one sided in my little corner of cyberspace. Hopefully, I make you smile, chuckle and/or think.

In the meantime, good afternoon, good evening and good night.

Ya’ll come back now, ya hear?