Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THINK ...

When you bought that gorgeous outfit, did you notice there were a few other people in the same outfit?

What about your car (in the most magnificent and unpopular color)? The minute you drive it off the lot, you see a few of them.

What I just explained above has a name, but for the life of me - I cannot think of it. I do know it has happened to each of us.

I said all of that to say, during the course of a day how many Barry moments do you have? It is unconscious, and not because he occupies your mind all day/every day.

The other day someone came in and I asked about one of the manager, and his reply was “I just saw him, he was somewhere down the road.” I smiled to myself and the song popped in my head. I just had to find it on my MP3 player.

This morning when I was leaving the house, “I am stuck on Band-Aid Brand, cause Band-Aid’s stuck on me.” I smiled again, and walked on out the door.

Of course, there are many more. It happens all of the time, yet another part of my life only my Barry friends understand. The minute I try to explain something such as these instances to a civilian. I get that look - you know the one (take your pick), the glazed over expression, OR the “she really needs to seek help” expression.