Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Have to Find a New Thursday Night Show This Fall

First, Gary Dourdan's character gets shot in the season finale. I was willing to watch it, just for the slim chance he survived (probably not since his contract wasn't renewed) but I can dream right?

I was truly depressed after that episode. I could not even watch the show following it because it was just so traumatic to me. The guy just shot him right there - okay, let me continue because I am reliving it.

Yesterday, I see this:

LOS ANGELES - William Petersen is leaving "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," a move that might have fans of his brainy crimebuster Gil Grissom screaming bloody murder.

Petersen has agreed to return for occasional guest appearances and will remain a "CSI" executive producer but his run as an original cast member will end this coming season, executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Naren Shankar said Tuesday.

The air date for his final episode, the season's 10th, has yet to be determined but probably will be at the beginning of 2009, the producers said. The series debuted in fall 2000.

Can you say depressed all over again? Grissom would have been the only reason I stayed with the show, now after episode 10, I won't even have him. It is a travesty!

I understand actors do not want to get typecast into roles, but seeing someone else at the helm of the show - it will be hard to watch at first. One name that I heard kicked around was Kurt Russell. I have to admit, I could handle that. I remember the Disney movies growing up and Kurt Russell was the star, those dimples....very watchable.

I digress...William Petersen has been my favorite for a long time, and no matter who fills his shoes - will have some large ones to fill.