Monday, April 1, 2019

Space Center Houston


I travel to Houston pretty regularly.  On one of my many trips, I finally decided to go to the Johnson Space Center.  I am a space buff, so it was really interesting to see it.  I did not go over to Mission Control.  (It was Houston in July and tram is not air conditioned) - now you see why.

It was a self guided tour, and there was even an assembly "Meet an Astronaut."  The astronaut that spoke was Leroy Chaio.  He has spent time on the Space Station and spoke of his training to go to the there.  He trained with a Russian cosmonaut.  He showed photos that he took from the station.  They were amazing.  He had hurricane photos, and photos of the Sphinx and other natural wonders.  From space, they look like miniatures.

I was glad that I could take the tour.  So often, we don't take the time to visit the attractions in our own backyard.  I call Houston my backyard because when I go, it is like going home because of the special people I get to spend time with when I go. 


No comments: