Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Memories

My roommate from California will be coming through visiting family in a couple of weeks. She and I are going to meet and hang out for a little bit.

Just talking to her brought back so many memories.

You know it is true that God takes care of babies and fools, because we should be dead. The things that we did, my mother would shudder. There are things that Angie and I will take to our graves because they were just plain stupid. Parents know that your children do really stupid stuff and come very close to dying. If you get a call out of nowhere just because they love you. They probably had a near death experience, so be thankful they lived through it.

How about getting out of the car in the middle of a traffic jam on Las Vegas Blvd and dancing in middle of the street? Meeting guys that were up and coming rappers - they went on to be quite successful gangsta rappers but when we met them, they were nice and a lot of fun to hang out with (nothing like their persona)

Meeting guys at a club and going home with them to continue partying. Upside of that, they did turn out to be doctors (still stupid I know) but we did continue to see the guys for a little bit.

Being on Venice Beach when there was -- not one but two shoot outs.

Walking down the street at 11:00 at night because I had to have a Big Mac. (this was before I had a car and Mickey D's was only a couple of blocks over)


See what I mean? Crazy stuff and I cannot believe I did it, but I was young and stupid and when you are young, you think you are invincible.

It will be great to see her. I haven't seen her since we were in our old neighbor's wedding about 12 years ago.

I gotta pull out old photo albums so we can laugh and whisper about the crazy stuff we did. Believe or not, I was the quiet one of the two of us....so can you imagine us together WOW! It was something else. We partied at least four nights a week, and went to work the next day (dragging but we were there) promised we would not do it again....get a second wind and hit the club again. We'd alternate between clubs in Hollywood, El Segundo, Downtown LA and Beverly Hills. The regular crowd rotated as well, and met up Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. For some reason, we took Wednesday and Sundays off...I guess to rest.

Those were the days.

No comments: