Monday, February 9, 2009

Congratulations on the Nomination Barry!



Even though you did not win the Grammy, it does not take away from the love I have for your music. It does not take away from the respect I have for you as a human being.

I am sure you, along with me, wish the person who won, Ms. Natalie Cole, well for winning because you are a good sport.

As in any competition, there can be only one winner. We learn that when we are in school. Over the years I have been with you it hurts to see you not take home the trophy, but it's the way of the world. The best advice I have ever heard a nominee say was said in a pre-Grammy special today. "Do not let a win or loss define you." Over 30+ years, it was not your first loss, and unfortunately, it probably won't be the last.

Trust me, this loss takes nothing away from you at all, at least in my book. Not a thing. We know the critics just don't get it, never have - BUT WE DO!

No comments: