Sunday, August 31, 2008

Christmas in August



It seems that every year Christmas rolls around faster and faster. I was in Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, and the Christmas decorations were out already. I haven't checked out the mall but somewhere between Labor Day and Halloween, they begin decking the halls with bows, ribbons and other Christmas decor. Hell, Santa usually arrives about the 2nd week of November. I remember not seeing Santa until after Thankgsiving.

Well, I am guilty of kind of speeding Christmas up because I start my Christmas shopping usually around the end of July. I like to beat the crowd, AND I love to pick out just the right gift for everyone. With my back being a problem the last couple of years, I have enjoyed the convenience of online shopping. I just pick out the item and UPS, Fed Ex or the mailman delivers it right to my door. All I have to do is wrap the thing. Isn't that wonderful?

Because I start so early, come early November - I am complete except for maybe a stocking stuffer here or there. This year it is more important because I have the trip to see Barry in December coming.

If you are those that love the Christmas Eve crunch? Bless you. I promised myself and God that I would not be out there looking for something on Christmas Eve again. So far, I have kept that promise.

No comments: