Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Manilow Network




The Barry Net has changed, and for the better - much better. In the couple of years that I have been visiting the site, I have enjoyed posting and being involved with conversing as I have in the past couple of days.

The set up allows for discussions to be started, and threads to be followed. The original format, you have to click and click and click (many time reading things that you really don't care to read).

I am just so glad to see intelligent conversations/discussions, fun and photos on the board. It is what a fan site should be. You can participate in discussions, and your posts not disappear in a myriad of unrelated topics, or better yet - be totally ignored.

Of course, there are some that do not like the new format. One reason could be navigation of the site, which takes a little getting used to, but it is not impossible. Then there is my theory, the discussion forum allows people to pick what discussion they want to participate in. If you don't want to participate in a topic, then you have a choice. Choice being the operative word - you do not HAVE to read what you don't want to. Meaning - you are not subjected to reading about things and/or people you really don't want to read about. That is my opinion, and since this is my blog, I am entitled to that opinion.

That rant is over.

The Manilow world, or Barry Land, as I affectionally call it is a very interesting place. Only those in Barry Land understand it. Whenever I try to tell some of my friends about some of the things going on, they get a glazed over look in their eyes and I know in their minds they are trying to remember the phone number of the hospital. They are sure that I need to be committed or something.

Interesting - Never boring. There are so many other words that can describe Barry Land.

For the most part, I enjoy my trip into Barry Land, and mostly because I have a grasp on reality and know that it is about the music so I don't get lost in all of the other stuff. I don't compete, I don't care how long someone has been a fan or how many shows they have been to, or even how often they go to Vegas. When I go, I have fun, I meet wonderful people and for the 90 minutes of each show - everything is right with the world. That is what Barry Land is about - MUSIC and HAPPY FEELINGS.