Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My 2 Cents on the Miley Cyrus Thang


Okay, don't laugh because I know who Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana is. As a matter of fact, I watch the show. Not because it has these world saving storylines, but because when it is on - you don't have to think. You don't have to keep up with the who did what, to who, and who's going to get caught in the end. I watch cartoons too. After thinking and being all things to all people during the day, it gives my brain a rest.

Back to the subject at hand.

Mind you, I do not have a teenage daughter so maybe I would think different, but I honestly don't think I would. I personally do not see what the big deal is. She is covered with a sheet; she probably shows more skin when she goes to the beach. Then, there is the photo of her lying on her father's lap - for Pete's sake. Does the media not have anything else to report on. There was truly a slow news day when they thought of that one.

How many teenagers would have seen the photos in Vanity Fair? Teen Beat maybe..but Vanity Fair? I do not even look in that magazine.

What these oh so perfect parents need to do is follow their children to school. I guarantee you they (their angelic children) see, say and do a WHOLE lot more than those photos that the parents are trying to shield their eyes from.

They would truly be enlightened, and realize those photos really aren't that bad.