Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Countdown Has Begun

The Countdown has begun - and in a little over 6 weeks I will be in Vegas meeting Mr. Manilow.

Yes, I am completely anal when it comes to getting ready for a trip. There are many reasons for it.

One trip to Virginia Beach - I fell down stairs and drove around the city looking for a drug store open at 10:00 at night. We were leaving a friends house to go on a dinner cruise and my foot slipped, and down the stairs I went. I skinned up my knee really bad. The result of the incident - I pack a first aid kit in my suitcase whenever I leave the house.

One trip to Washington, DC. - I had to go shopping for underwear. Why? Because I did not pack one single pair - not one. The result of the incident - I make a checklist to pack by and that list includes EVERYTHING.

I usually have a medicine bag with every possible ailment covered - Pepcid, Alka Seltzer Plus Cold, Tylenol, etc. There is nothing like being at a hotel and feeling sick and cannot get to a drug store. Needless to say, I have to really start prepping before I start packing. I start the checklist well before my trip to ensure I do not forget anything.

Along with the checklist, there is my TO DO list (manicure, pedicure, makeup, etc) So much to do and so little time it seems. One must really replenish their makeup, I saw a couple of shows on the bacteria that can be found in old makeup. Makes my flesh crawl to even think of it. Anything for my eyes are thrown out after 6 months.

My last trip to Vegas was eventful and not in a good way. I arrived there at 10am, my bag did not arrive until 10pm. I could not attend the show that I had planned that night because of it. I was livid. I am trying with every fiber of my being to not have to check a bag this trip. Some do not think it is possible, but I cannot have a repeat. I have a show planned for each night and I have to have my clothes, and I do not want to be a headline on CNN.